Bus Network ImprovementsNFTA-Metro is improving your bus network in 2021. Read on to learn more about proposed changes, community engagement opportunities, and more.
The new network will be designed to reflect the needs and priorities of the community. In May and June, 2021, we asked people what they wanted to see, and we heard from almost 600 people, either in person, on the phone, or through our survey.
What we heard
- In addition to reliability, these are the most important things to the public:
- Bus shelters and benches
- Short waits (frequency)
- Realtime bus arrival information
- Everyone has different priorities for bus service. People we heard from were evenly split on whether peak hour, early morning / late night, weekday, weekend, or brand-new services were most important.
- The community wants service to:
- Suburban jobs
- Recreation destinations
- Public/social services
- Express network destinations
- The community wants more service to:
- East Side and West Side of Buffalo
- Suburban jobs
- Shopping centers
In addition, from the end of June through July 18, 2021, we shared route concepts and options and asked for feedback on these ideas. We received hundreds of comments. This input has been incorporated into the proposed changes below.
Use the links below to view proposed changes to the bus system. You can provide comments directly on the Remix maps, or you can email us your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org, write us a letter at Service Planning, 181 Ellicott St, Buffalo NY 14203, or call Customer Care at 716-855-7211.
All Routes – Interactive Remix Maps
How to use Remix
NFTA-Metro is using a new website called Remix to share route alternatives and seek comments. View the short video below to learn more how to view and comment on alternatives.
- The public comment period for this proposal runs from July 23, 2021 through September 8, 2021.
- Approved changes will start to take effect in December 2021.
Public Hearings are scheduled for August 23, 24, and 25. See below for further information.
Keep In Touch
- You can provide comments by September 8, 2021 by:
- Entering comments in the interactive Remix maps above
- Emailing us at email@example.com,
- Calling Customer Care at 716-855-7211
- Writing us a letter at Service Planning, 181 Ellicott St, Buffalo NY 14203.
- Attending a public hearing, as detailed below
Three public hearings are scheduled:
August 23, 2021
Virtual Public Hearing
Click here to Register
August 24, 2021
Portage Road Transit Center
1162 Portage Road, Niagara Falls, NY
August 25, 2021
Metropolitan Transportation Center
181 Ellicott Street, Buffalo, NY
Please advise the NFTA by August 9, 2021 if a language interpreter, assistive listening system, or any other accommodation is needed to facilitate participation in the Public Hearings.
Previous Online Meetings
NFTA Metro hosted two online meetings in July 2021:
- July 13, 1-2pm
- July 15, 5:30 – 6:30 pm
At the meetings, staff gave a brief presentation about the initiative and there was a question and answer session.