February 2022 Service Changes
Sunday, February 13, 2022: Due to the current COVID surge, and the bus driver shortage, NFTA-Metro is implementing an emergency schedule change.
Many of you have experienced bus cuts or delays over the past several months. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We have been running as much service as possible with the staff we have available. The emergency schedule change will allow NFTA-Metro to do a better job of providing scheduled service.
PAL services will not be affected
Summary of key changes:
- Most commuter express routes will be temporarily suspended. This includes routes: 60, 61, 64, 66, 67, 69, 74, and 81.
- Routes 70, 72 and 76 will run on a reduced schedule, with one trip inbound in the morning and one trip outbound in the afternoon.
- The 77 Buffalo-Niagara Falls express will not be affected.
- Bus frequencies will decrease on weekends and evenings. In other words, there will be fewer scheduled buses. Span of service (the first bus of the day and the last bus of the day) will not change.
- Route changes:
- Downtown: Downtown routing will be different for Routes 3, 6, 20, and 24.
- Erie County
- Minor route changes will occur on routes 8, 12, 14A, 18, 22, 25D, 46
- Major route changes will occur on Routes 2B, 2C (new), 35, 44, 47, 49
- Thruway Mall Transit Center: Minor routing changes will occur on routes 4, 22, and 26.