NFTA-Metro launched the Ride Nice campaign in January 2023. Ride Nice is a proactive campaign to make sure riders are safe and feel safe on NFTA-Metro bus and rail vehicles.
Ride Nice includes both an informational campaign and some physical and operational changes in the system. It involves:
- Increased presence of Transit Police on the Metro Rail.
- Installing fare gates in Metro Rail stations.
- Education to let riders know how to call the police in an emergency.
- Security cameras in more places.
- Enforcement of no smoking and no vaping laws.
Code of Conduct
Ride Nice also includes publicity around NFTA-Metro’s Code of Conduct. You’ll see the Code of Conduct posted around the system in bright puzzle pieces.
Code of Conduct Examples:
- Respect one another and your operator.
- No smoking or vaping.
- No eating or drinking.
- Do not litter.
- No loud or hostile conduct.
- Use headphones with audio devices.
- Don’t touch others.
- Keep bags on your lap or beneath the seat.
- Pay your fare.
- Service animals only.