Rail Renewal is part of the NFTA’s commitment to providing safe, efficient, professional, and sustainable transportation services that enhance the quality of life throughout the Buffalo Niagara region.
The ongoing construction throughout the system is necessary for critical safety and operational enhancements.
Metro Rail is single tracking for an extended period and will be following the single tracking schedule.
While Metro is single tracking, riders using wheelchairs or mobility devices should board the last train car to access platforms at above ground stations.
Court Street Closure
The intersection at Court Street (Lafayette Square) will be closed for construction starting on September 20.
Routes 1, 2, 4, 69, 70, & 72 will be affected during this construction period. Inbound stop at Pearl and Court (ID 11450) and outbound stop at Court & Main (ID 11460) will be closed during construction and buses will be rerouted.
- Buses will turn right on Washington, left on Mohawk, left on Pearl, right on Court and continue regular route
- The last stop before rerouting will be at Washington & Broadway
- The first stop after rerouting will be a temporary stop at Franklin & Court
- Buses will turn left on Pearl, right on Huron, right on Huron, right on Washington, left on Clinton, and continue regular route
- The last stop before rerouting will be a temporary stop located at Franklin & Court
- The first stop after rerouting will be at Washington & Broadway
Utica - Canalside Stations Closure
During the weekends of September 23/24 and September 30/October 1, Metro Rail will only operate between University and Delavan stations and following Schedule D.
During these weekends, trains will be traveling in both directions (to University & to Delavan stations) on both tracks. Please wait in the middle of the platform for the train traveling towards your destination.
Utica, Summer-Best, Allen, Fountain Plaza, Evans Bank, Church, Seneca, and Canalside stations will be closed.
Bus shuttle service will be available at Delavan Station for inbound and outbound trips between Delavan and Canalside stations.
Thank you for your patience. We apologize for any inconvenience this construction may cause to riders.