Metro Rail Repair Project
Saturday, January 15 through Monday, January 17
- Metro Rail will follow the singletracking schedule.
- Riders will have to transfer at Fountain Plaza Station to a shuttle train that will run between Fountain Plaza Station and Erie Canal Harbor Station.
What you need to know:
- Starting on December 5, 2021, Metro Rail will be single tracking overnight (between 9 pm and 4:30 am). This means that inbound and outbound trains must both use the same track.
- We are following a normal Metro Rail schedule, but your usual platform may be blocked off with barriers. If so, follow signs to the correct boarding platform.
- This project is scheduled to conclude in spring 2022.
Singletracking is necessary as NFTA works to complete two important projects:
- Cars Sharing Main Street (in cooperation with the City of Buffalo)
- Pad and Fastener project (contractors will be replacing the rail, the concrete pads under the rail, and the fasteners which connect the rail to the concrete pad).
Thank you for your patience. We apologize for any inconvenience this construction may cause to riders.