Metro Rail Repair Project
What you need to know:
- NFTA Metro is running the single tracking schedule through October 2021.
- At underground stations, board at your usual inbound or outbound platform.
- At Fountain Plaza station, riders will need to transfer to the other track for a rail shuttle that serves Fountain Plaza, Evans Bank Station @ Lafayette Square, Church Station, Merchants Insurance @ Seneca Station, and Erie Canal Harbor station.
- Exceptions: Service will end at Seneca Station on . . .
- Note: Metro Rail’s aboveground shuttle will switch sides on Sunday, October 24. Above ground service will run on Track 2 (the track usually used for outbound service towards University Station). Transfer still required at Fountain Plaza Station for service to University Station.
The big picture:
- From July through October, 2021, you can expect to see construction on the tracks between Fountain Plaza Station and Erie Canal Harbor Station.
- This is part of the City of Buffalo’s Lower Main Street project.
- We apologize for any inconvenience that this construction may cause to riders
- As always, you can contact us at email@example.com or (716) 855-7211.
Single Tracking Service: July - October 2021